Scelte rapide home page: Accessibilità | Menù principale | Menù secondario | Ricerca | Scopri Prato | News (solo home page) | Eventi(solo home page) | Meteo (solo home page) | Contenuti principali | Credits, termini di utilizzo, copyright, privacy |
Pratomese December 2013
PDF December 2013 (1482 KB)
PDF Guide (1393 KB)
Travelling along the road that from Carmignano leads to Vinci and going past the Abbey of S. Giusto in Pinone, you continue to the right where a carriageway leads to a wooded area, with extensive scenic stretches to become a forest track and reach the summit of mount Pietramarina. This area, characterised by the presence of holly and ancient Holm oaks of great naturalistic interest, was occupied by the Etruscans starting from the seventh century BC. The relief is surrounded by walls (third century BC), approximately three metre wide, up to 5-6 metres high in some sections that have been brought to light. Inside, excavations are discovering two large buildings from the Hellenistic age, built on the ruins of a probable sacred complex of the sixth/seventh century. The well known Masso del diavolo (Devil's Rock) is on the north-western margin of the area, a monolithic rock outcrop with steps and engravings, perhaps a very ancient place of worship. The particular position allows a 360° view over the surrounding territory (the name "Pietramarina" comes from the fact that from here on particularly clear days it is possible to see the sea).