Scelte rapide home page: Accessibilità | Menù principale | Menù secondario | Ricerca | Scopri Prato | News (solo home page) | Eventi(solo home page) | Meteo (solo home page) | Contenuti principali | Credits, termini di utilizzo, copyright, privacy |
Pratomese December 2013
PDF December 2013 (1482 KB)
PDF Guide (1393 KB)
Locality: San Quirico di Vernio
The Casone, originally residence of the Bardi's, liege lords, is now a municipal building. The complex was built, on pre-existing structures dating back to at least the sixteenth century, during the beginning of the Eighteenth century thanks to the legacy of the count Ridolfo de' Bardi. It has an elegant and very simple facade. The entrance room has an elaborated wooden ceiling and a flight of stairs with barrel-vaulted roof leads to the first floor where the Council room is located, with a nice coffered ceiling and many eighteenth century paintings hanging on the walls. On the side of the building the Gallery is an ample room that once contained a collection of paintings and is now used as connecting corridor to the stairs that lead to the oratory of San Niccolo'. The interior of this third building is a room illuminated by three large windows per side. Along the entire perimeter of the room, there are very beautiful walnut veneered benches. On the walls there are eighteenth century paintings that portray the Apostles and above the altar there is a work attributed to Giovanni Antonio Pucci.